Search Local Jobs in Arizona
PATENT ANALYST - MECHANICAL
1375 N Scottsdale Rd, Suite 330 Scottsdale AZ
Global Patent Solutions, LLC (GPS) is an intellectual property research and consulting firm founded to meet the demanding needs of Inventors and IP professionals around the world for high-quality patent research and consulting. From our headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ, we currently service a global client-base of IP Attorneys, Patent Agents, Business Leaders, R&D Teams, Universities, Entrepreneurs and Inventors.
This is not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill research position. Each project is unique and possesses a new challenge for you to tackle. You must be able to assess and analyze the best way to approach a project. Previous patent knowledge is great; however, it is not required. We are willing and able to train.
The Patent Analyst primarily will perform research of invention concepts related to the technologies listed above using a variety of databases and compile formal search reports to demonstrate findings to clients. A majority of work requires in-depth reading, writing and working on computers.
The position entails:
- Quickly reviewing and gain an understanding of technical aspects of client inventions and/or technical search concepts
- Creating research strategies that best utilize time and resources when executed
- Perform extensive database research
- Reviewing, gathering and analyzing technical literature
- Report research findings in a timely and high-quality manner
If you can manage yourself, as micro-managing is not our style, and you are motivated to get results in a timely manner, this could be a great opportunity for you to learn and grow with a quality-driven company.
This position requires you to:
- Meet and exceed client needs and deadlines by providing viable research solutions and being reliable and dedicated to getting the job done.
- Quickly, continuously and concisely Learn, Interpret, Comprehend, Retain and apply technical abilities. Enjoy an ongoing learning and computer-based environment that is dedicated to quality.
- Thrive in ambiguity and to self manage, prioritize and take pride in the work with the team and individually.
- Proactively, confidently and effectively communicate with internal team members. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Be supportive and helpful to others on all levels.
- Actively participate as a team member to best serve clients and the team.
- You will mostly work independently, but we do have a wonderful, supporting staff that requires some teamwork on occasion. We are looking for an efficient and flexible team player.
** This position is located onsite in Scottsdale, AZ.
Previous patent examining or patent searching experience preferred, but not required.
- BS required. MS or PHD in Engineering a plus.
However, candidates applying for this position MUST have previous experience or extensive knowledge in the following technical area:
- Transportation, Construction and Agriculture; Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing and Products, Teaching, Amusement Device, Apparatus for Conducting Process, Ordnance, Trapping, Textile Process and Apparatus, Cleaning, Molding, Founding, Shaping
DETAILSCompany: Global Patent Solutions
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Salary:35000 - 65000 Year